Thursday, June 14, 2012

Remembrance of my Mother

Imi writes...

I deeply miss my mother the last six months since she passed away. I have often thought over the ideas and values she stood for. I will express these here:

My mother stood for love. Her heart burnt with love.

First she stood for love of family and close friends. The brain is a vast circuit of billions of connections. Love maximally lights up the circuits. Not only the deep emotional recesses of it get stimulated by it, even the conceptual connections get enlarged. Her hard-felt concerns, noble sympathies and burning affections enriched and deepened her life. This for her was the meaning of life.

Secondly she stood for love of humanity at large. To love humanity is to love the best that humans are capable of... Love of humanity is the cornerstone of personal decency; how else can you be good, kind and positive? The cancer of self centredness desolates one's life. First we stop loving others and the we stop loving ourselves.

Thirdly she stood for love of god and all the eternal. In the end it is the all-encompassing that matters. I get this whiff of the love of the divine in the howling of the winds, the calling of the seagulls and the loons, and the sparkling of the stars. In the midst of this cosmic divine, I feel what she understood by love divine.

The one imperative that ruled her life was: Give all to love! To this I say AMEN!

Imi.

Read Imi's previous blog post.
Read Howard's blog post from today.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....I like that you feel connected with your mother in that all that nature that is surrounding you now. You are probably very much a part of her. Continue to be safe and to experience your senses which are much different from around RF! Happy Trails, Imi!

    ReplyDelete